9.2 Your contact details will be stored in our secure computer database operated and secured by our registered Data Controller, and this, together with other information provided by you, may be used by us in the following circumstance:
(1) For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis)
(a) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer;
(b) To enable us to provide you with relevant information through our marketing programme or general communication;
(c) for any necessary communication with regards to previous, existing, or upcoming orders. We may use your information to generate computerized decisions, for example automatically selecting products or services of which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you personally informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, products, competitions and so on by any of the following methods, including e-mail; telephone; and post;
(2) To arrange and monitor any competitions or events we might offer on the website.
9.3 In order to protect you, our other customers and ourselves from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, solely for the purpose of complying with legal requirements, detecting and preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users. These may include, but are not limited to, law enforcement agencies.
9.4 As regards the Purpose of your identifying Data, we may provide you with information about the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(1) to other companies in our Group;
(2) to employees and agents of our Group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by our Group now or in the future;
(3) to the marketing or sales team employed by SIM to provide you of offers, competitions, events or information that may be of interest to you.
9.6 We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
9.7 As regards Security, we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Cyber security and the storage of data or information remain a high priority and we do not store any payment or bank account details within our system. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
9.8 You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulations) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us. Your information is valid across the SIM Group and affiliated controlled companies. Please note that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
9.9 You have the right to opt out of our mailing list at any time, and therefore cease any emails relating to marketing or current offers, competitions or discounts. This can be action via the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our emails, or by contacting us directly. Unsubscribing from our mailing list will not erase your details from our database. This action limits your communication to necessity only, I.E conformation of an order being placed or if we are required to contact you about a previous or existing order.
Further information that applied to us as a data controller:
How do we use your information?
1. Fulfil your requests for products, services and orders;
2. Process payments for such products, services or orders;
3. Review your requests for registration to the Site;
4. Facilitate efficient use of the Site;
5. Manage your account;
6. Permit you and/or your customers to upload material to the Site;
7. Offer products, services, events and competitions that may be of interest to you;
8. Analyse use of and improve the Site, products and services;
9. Identify and protect yourself and ourselves against misuse of the Site;
10. Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions;
11. Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Please make note that you may choose;
1. To easily and effectively remove yourself from our mailing list*
2. To review and update your personal information by contacting us in via email, or selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom on any of marketing emails.
3. To remove or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, and accepting in doing so that this may effect some of the functioning of the features or services that the site provides.
4. Not to provide personal information when registering for an account, although in doing so may result in our inability to offer our services or enable full accessibility on the site.
* Removing yourself from our mailing list will not remove you account and or personal details from our system. To do so, please contact us directly, in which we can assess this for you.
Please note that any information you provide will only be held for as long as necessary for the purpose of which it was supplied to us.
How do we protect your information?
Any data or information that you provide is strictly for the use of the SIM Group and its held companies, employees and associates. This information will not be copied, communicated or passed on in any way to any 3rd parties, marketing or advertising opportunists.
Any information which is posted direct to the site, or that is volunteered in any public profile will be available worldwide to users of the site or viewers of the sites profiles. Please do not post any information if you are not happy for it to be available indefinitely. For your own security, we recommend to be conscious when posting and ensure that no personal or identifying data is included should this be something you are uncomfortable with. When posting on the public profiles of the sites, including directly to the site, social sites, sponsored affiliates or 3rd party reviewers, the information is public and can therefore be quoted or promoted via the site directly.